Lead R&D Engineer
UniKLasers are searching for Lead Research and Development Engineer to join their growing team of photonics professionals passionate about SLM DPSS lasers. The primary function of Lead R&D Engineer is to identify and progress opportunities for delivering improvements within UniKLasers’ existing product ranges, take active part in the expansion of company’s laser portfolio and be a key member of UniKLasers Quantum Technologies projects team.
The primary function of Lead R&D Engineer is to identify and progress opportunities for delivering improvements within UniKLasers’ products, identification of competitive technologies and products, opportunities for innovation and increase of profit margin, whilst working in close partnership with the company’s management and external project teams. The Lead R&D Engineer is a member of the management team and is an influencer of company’s technological progress. The Lead R&D Engineer is a responsible for prototyping and design of company’s project-based products or product improvements, including optical and opto-mechanical layouts, controlling electronics interface, outline of all technical (SolidWorks and AutoCAD) documentation. UniKLasers’ Lead R&D Engineer works on new options and solutions to manufacturing or technological problems, helping to improve and grow its’ already the world-largest portfolio of CW Single Frequency DPSS lasers.
- Drive revenues and cost reduction through technological enhancements
- Offer technological solutions to day-to-day business problems and customer requests
- Create and update the company's technological and technical documentation and implement safeguard processes around it
- Engage and maintain strong mutually beneficial relationships with customers, suppliers and project partners driving successful long-term business collaboration
- Collaborate with the appropriate teams to assess and recommend technologies that support company product needs
- Lead the delivery to cost timescale of R&D projects and customers programmes
- Generate information for company's technical publications (white papers, blogs, articles, etc.)
Required Qualifications & Experience
- Degree (MSc or PhD level) in physics, optoelectronics or electronic engineering
- R&D experience in DPSS lasers, nonlinear doubling of solid-state and diode lasers and/or relevant fields
- Working knowledge of 3D SolidWorks Design, MathCAD/AutoCaD
- Minimum of 4 years' of relevant industry experience
- Previous SME business/start up experience is desirable
- Technical management skills and desire for entrepreneurship are desirable
Applicants must have the permanent right to work in the UK.
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org