Knowledge Transfer Engineer
The role of the UniKLasers Knowledge Transfer Laser Engineer is within the Research & Development team.
The Knowledge Transfer Laser Engineer will work closely with our CSO to complete system design packages and facilitate transfer of finished product designs from R&D to Production and documentation of Company’s Know-How. The role also requires understanding and contributing to laser developments, including building and testing laser assemblies.
- Completion of Design Packages to facilitate product transfer to the Production team
- SolidWorks generated Bill of Materials
- Documenting of the proprietary Know-How – R&D assembly techniques, optical components specifications, optics and specialist suppliers’ details, design process history, theoretical basis for UKL design (platforms, leading components…), etc.
- Assistance with patent applications
- Implement and /or improve and follow safeguard processes around company’s technological and technical documentation
- Facilitation and documentation of regular Knowledge Transfer forums, presented by CSO
- Generate information for company’s technical publications (white papers, blogs, articles, etc.)
- Work on company R&D laser development projects to timely deadlines
- Follow clean room procedures and safety guidelines
Required Qualifications & Experience
- Educated to a Master’s Degree level in Laser Science/Engineering/Optoelectronics or Bachelor’s Degree level in LaserScience/Engineering/Optoelectronics
- 2+ years of experience in laser technology or related fields.
- Good understanding of optics and laser principles
- Good knowledge and hands-on experience in general mechanics and electronics
- Proven experience in DPSS laser assembly
- Working knowledge of Solidworks
- Ability to set up and document processes and procedures
- Strong innovation, analytical, diagnostic and problem solving skills
- Ability to work on your own and as a part of a team
- Multi-tasking and prioritizing in order to achieve tight deadlines
- Good written and verbal communication skills
Applicants must have the permanent right to work in the UK.
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org